Will I need to gap pregapped plugs? - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Will I need to gap pregapped plugs?

Featured Replies

I orderd new plugs and wires (ALL NGK) for my 280 and they will get to me friday and I will put them in Saturday. Will I have to gap them any more if they are pregapped?

thanks guys

Specific Part Number Spark Plugs will be used in various engines that may or may not require the same "gap".

Considering the cheapness of a Spark Plug Gap Gauge Set, and the little time it takes to set the Plugs to what Nissan specifies for the Z engine, I always set the gap on my new spark plugs. Why? Because then I KNOW they are set right.

Agreed, I think I picked up a simple spark gauge set for less than a few bucks.

Incidentally, my last set of BP6ES plugs was already at the perfect gap according to factory spec.

  • Author

What is the factory gap for a 280Z?

My plugs are traditional ngks B6ES-11

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.