IGNORED

Parting a running 240Z (motor/tranny and drivetrain)

Guycali

Hi all,

Guess I'm ready to start on my 240Z project. I need to get rid of the engine and drivetrain on this puppy before the RB26 transplant.

Here's what I have from a '72 240Z:

1. Currently in-car running L24 engine and 4spd tranny (w/ newly replaced clutch for about 2,000 miles). I get 24mpg on highway so it's all tuned and adjusted properly. The odometer says 79xxx but it's probably at 179xxx miles given it's 30+ year car. I'm the 3rd owner and bought the car 2yrs ago.

Things that I've done to the engine:

a. replaced valve cover gasket

b. replaced clutch assembly

c. complete engine tune-up: new spark plugs/wires, oil filter, fuel filter, coolant flush, valve adjustments, carb tuning via flowmeter

d. manual tranny fluid flush

2. Currently in-car R180 open diff with the works (axles, mustache bar, driveshaft)

Things that I've done to it:

a. diff gear oil flush

I'm not sure how much they're worth so send me your best offers. One criterion is that you'll need to help me take the parts out! :D I live in Pittsburg, CA. 94565.

Shoot me a mail if you're interested, guycali@yahoo.com

Regards,

-Wilbur

hey,I'm looking for a starter for a l24 motor or 240 z motor.Is your starter for sale if so how much?I live in ohio, Please let me know thanks...Thump

I agree with guycali, take your old starter to your local auto parts store and get a remanufactured one, cheap.