any good machine shops in Dallas? - United States - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

any good machine shops in Dallas?

Featured Replies

Blew the head gasket on my "other" Datsun, possibly cracked the head. Need a shop to inspect and re-surface the head, valve job assuming it's still usable etc. Thanks for any recommendations.

michael

There is a place in Plano called Plano Auto Supply. They have a machine shop in the back that I used for having the cam towers aligned before. They were recommended by some people on the zcar.com archives, which is why I used them

You could probably find them in the yellow pages or something

  • Author

Thanks Inf. If I don't have any trouble removing the head I'll be taking it in tomorrow. They gave me a decent quote on the phone and are open on Saturdays which is the only time I have access to a car. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Michael

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.