IGNORED

any one got a spare c110 gearbox insulator

khughes

Hi Guys,

Went to try mounting up the RB20DET (NICS) gearbox today, it looks like it might be a pretty good fit, no cutting the floor or bashing out the tunnel!!

I presume that there is meant to be a gearbox mounting rubber that sits between the gearbox and the crossmember..

does anyone have one lying around that they want to sell? just thought i would ask before hitting the wreckers..

thanks

Kent

kent@project240k.com

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for that Bruce, appreciate it

in the workshop manual, it has a very bad picture of it, it may just be a L shaped bracket, and not rubber (it is very hard to tell).. i guess in that case the rubber insulators attached to the crossmember must obsorb any shock..

would be very interested if you or anyone else could confirm for me what i am missing, hopefully we will be remounting it again this weekend..

it is an R31 GTS RB20DET box ( i don't think the 240k box would be able to handle the torque for long), i havn't tried attaching the crossmember up to the box yet, but i would guess that the holes would be in the right spot, given how well alot of nissan stuff can be transposed..

a picture, or even just a description of what is between the crossmember and gearbox would be fantastic!

Thanks

Kent

Hey Kent,

I have a complete R30 Gearbox Crossmember and mount which look like the same as the 240k one, if not better. That is, the rubber insulator is larger and probably give less vibration.

How did you go with the trial "remount" over the weekend? Did the L series Gearbox mount to the RB Series Engine? I always thought they were different!

Note: Scratch that R30 Crossmember idea, I have just crawled under my coupe and it is different! Bugger! Pics Attached, The Gearbox with the Red Rag around it is the 240K, other R30. In the last Pic, see how the crossmember bends up over the exhaust.

Hum the Problem is, I have the insulator on the 5spd, but I have just bought the ebay 240k with a slush-a-matic in it. Pending the first view, my thoughts are to put the 5spd in the ebay 240 and keep the 4spd in my current blue coupe. That being the case, if your ringing the wreckers, can you find a crossmember?

Does anyone want a 240K Slush-A-Matic, or Parts there Of ?

post-7277-14150794449772_thumb.jpg

post-7277-14150794450068_thumb.jpg

post-7277-14150794450272_thumb.jpg

post-7277-1415079445055_thumb.jpg

post-7277-14150794450842_thumb.jpg

Thanks Bruce,

Pics are great! from the workshop manual it wasn't clear what the insulator actually was, know i know!

we are using the RB31 turbo gearbox, so no worries about it fitting on the engine :D

i will actually probably start hunting for an R31 mount (it will be easier to redrill the holes in the mount if need be) but i will ask around for the xmember mount too

Kent

Not sure whether the xmember is the same for auto to manual. But, hopefully during the middle of next week when I recieve my new yellow auto coupe from the transport company, I will have a look.

The bloke I bought it from does not have any Xmembers or Insulators, I asked.