IGNORED

Interested in rare c110 parts

The C110

Gday im new to this forum, just stumbled on it in my quest to find more c110 nuts like myself. Just bought a c110 sedan recently [i know its not the 2 door, but i havent heard of a salvageable one it perth for ages] and im after some 'enhancing' parts. Ive pretty much checked every post on this forum regarding c110's and early skylines, and ive noticed many of the c110 owners have obtained various JDM parts for the oz 240k's. Specifically im after a gtr or similar grille to get the ball rolling. Price obtainability would be most helpful, and any response would be appreciated.

Welcome Tom!! We have quite a few followers here, but lately there's been little action... please post pics of your car! I'd like to see it no matter what condition :P And it's good that it's a 73 - what's your build date exactly? Not many '73 cars. The GT-R was only produced in 1973 FYI and so as you can imagine it's very rare...

And you know what rare means! Expensive. I have a second hand fibreglass replica of a GT-R grille on my car - that cost a little over $400 incl. shipping IIRC, and I think I got a good deal. So yeah even repro parts aren't cheap. The trouble with big parts is the shipping cost :(

As you ask for something similar, have a look at Michael's (Kyteler) gallery. He's got a stock GL grille with the centre cut out, and the whole thing painted black. Definitely a cheaper option and most wouldn't notice the difference...

Anyway, welcome to the (sub)club LOL:)

Cheers alfadog, its great to see that theres such a following for 240k's in oz. I was starting to think that it was a lost cause, no-one in the street really knows the significance of my car...Anyways, sometime next week ill post pics of me beastie, as im 'abroad' atm...Im fairly certain the build date is around nov 73', havent looked at the build plate for a while. I figured the parts would be pricey, real bits would be stratospheric[?], so replica is the only go?

Id like to have a chat to michael, as his soloution appears to be the most sensible. Ah and by the way, last week i spent a few days cannibalising my mates dilapodated 240k, so if anyone is interested in bits [it was a c110 gl auto sedan], just give me a yell.

Thanks again alfadog,

Tom

Hey there Tom,

Unfortunately I wasn't the man who took to my grille so I can't tell you too much about it other than the center was removed, then it was joined... somehow... :D I bought the car with it done, the previous owner had thought that, that was all the GT-R grill was, I had to inform him it wasn't the case and that the GT-R had a different grill entirely, however! it shall do for the time being. ;)

Thats cool, michael, ive got a couple of gl grilles to muck around with. If i get fed up, i can always take the plunge and buy a replica. Having looked at all of your photos, the job seems to be fairly well done! Just for interests sake, on datsunworld.com [a british datsun ' history' website], the c110 enamel blue coupe is yours, no? [maybe the previous owners?]

Thanks razor, im glad to be a part of a decent c110 community now. Cheers for the link to SAU, just joined up there. More tasty info to get my teeth into (= ...