IGNORED

Air cleaner

TXblue240Z

This is a picture of my engine in my 73 240Z that I recently bought. It runs great, and when I get to start really working on it I'm gonna clean it up etc.

Anyway, notice the air cleaner...anybody have any idea what is? The engine isn't the original from this car...it came from another 240, but the guy i bought it from wasn't sure which year...anyway I want the stock air intake/cleaner...

post-7017-14150794190294_thumb.jpg

The filter element is shagged but the design is good it should flow a lot of air with a good element in it compared to the standard air box

make sure it has ram tubes on the inside though

it wouldn't be able to fit the ram tubes... they are about 1.5 inches just to the tip.... pretty nice set up though.

well they can be as long as you want them .... and the standard airbox fits them and its skinny.

You could also space it out and make it wider but hey ... why not just go buy trumpets and rally socks....

The filter element hasn't been replaced in at least 6 years because the onlything the guy did was get it repainted by a guy who supposedly does lots of restoration/paint work on classic cars...the job was OK but the guy didn't prep the door panel and the paint is bubbling up with rust underneath now in one little spot smaller than a dime...so i will probably re do the paint job again. THe interior had virtually no rust under the original carpet, which was great..just a few thin surface area around the doors. The guy i bought it from hadn't done any other work on it because he was saving up for a v8 to put in it and then decided to put his money into his other car and get rid of this one...

The intake manifold and the balance tube is from a 73. The carbs you have aren't original, looks like they came from a 71 or 72. That aircleaner looks homemade. If you look through the gallery you will see what the air cleaner box looks like. You should be able to use a aircleaner box from 70-72. They show up on e-bay every now and again.