IGNORED

Advice for paint shop?

Ed

My baby is going to the bodyshop/painter tomorrow. I was wondering if you guys could offer some advice or things to watch out for.

I did make up a small list of things that I want done like filling the molding holes and stuff. I have also reassembled the car (just the body pannels).

Thanks

How well do you trust the shop?

If you haven't seen their completed work before, and/or gotten recommendation from friends, and know what you are going to get; I'd consider telling them that you don't want then to cut corners on the work. If there are any questions as to what you expect, for them to contact you first.

Don't assume anything.

I've been to four different shops in the last year. The shop I'm taking it to does nothing but restorations. Mostly corvettes but they do other older cars as well. People have brought there cars from as far as Florida to have this guy do their car. He has painted several concourse winners. I saw a few of his finished products and was very impressed. He also uses PPG products and guarantees the work.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds to me that you picked a good shop that know what they are doing. I think I would just ask any questions that you have and let the pros do there thing. Isn't that the reason you picked a shop like that ? I know it is not going to be cheep. The people that go to the the cut rate shops and expect first class work are the ones that are always complaining. Are you going to have her together by spring ? Gary

I don't know if she will be complete by spring. I guess it depends on me getting some heat into the garage. Winters are brutal up here!!!!!!!!!

I will atleast have the suspension and other undercarrage components on there.