IGNORED

240K Mystery Switch

Razor

Hi I got this switch/knob next to the hazard lights switch and I dont know what's the purpose of it. Its on the right side of the hazards lights switch below the Oil Gauge. I tried pulling it but really nothing happens. Any idea what it is?

Does it look stock, or aftermarket? I think the spot there was reserved for fog lights - mine has a little round piece of rubber covering the hole. But perhaps someone put in the switch at a later point in time for something else...

Do you have a instrument dimmer switch next to your choke cable handle?

If not, then perhaps the switch you speak of is the dimmer switch, mounted there instead.

Or as Alfa suggested, these holes are usually blanked out with a factory rubber/plastic cover and may be an add on switch for something else.

Remove the switch from the front, check the colour of the wires, get a torch and check under the dash. Follow the wires and see where it leads you.

James

Hey Razor,

mine has had an alarm switch placed there. I checked the manuals I have for the C110 .......no wiring to that position from stock, and I can find no optional wiring to that position in the cct wiring diagram, so I'd say it is simply a factory supplied position for add ons such as AlfaDog and James have already suggested.

I'd try what James has suggested, trace it out (carefully!) to see what it is/was switching.

Cheers, Jim.

The JDM C110 at the local wreckers also has a dial/switch in that position, I'll go check it out at the wreckers in the weekend see if I can't figure out what it is exactly. I also want to steal the twist lockable choke lever from that car so it just gives me another reason to get off my arse.

OOOOoooh, actually, I think I read somewhere that it's the park light switch on some models of C110 which obviously dont have park lights as a twistable option on the column lever. Or I'm talking out my arse, both are potentially viable options.

The switch doesnt look like a factory one, just plain looking metal knob switch type.

I'll trace the switch later when I finish work

but I do have a parkers switch

and I have a dimmer switch next to the choke switch

I even have a switch for external electric antennae mounted on my right hand side fender.