IGNORED

RB30 in 240K

khughes

not sure if the C210 is the same engine bay wise as the C110, but i have a C110 with what visually looks like a pretty sad motor (we picked it up with the shell of our car)

rather than spending the money on the L24, we were thinking of putting an RB20DET or RB25DET in it, and if we went that far, we may as well just go all th\e way with a RB30E install... while also doing the RB25DE head conversion (possibly even through in a turbo)

Does anyone know if the engine mounts, crossmembers need to be modified, or will it pretty much just bolt in..

we want to put a 5sp in with it, which should we use, just the original 5SP that came with the engine (from the R31 or VL commodore) or should we get a supra / celica 5sp? will the R31/supra/celica gearbox fit without much modification?

does anyone know somebody who has previously done this conversion that we can maybe get in contact with?

I know of only one C110 with an RB, and that's Ray Ferguson's car (he is a member on this forum). His username is "prince". He has fitted an RB20 with triple Webbers IIRC (a modern interpretation of the S20 engine the C110 GT-R came with!). Perhaps you can send him a PM or Email (I suggest Email, I dont know if he comes here anymore).

It is a conversion I'd like to do some time in the future when my C110 isn't a DD. :classic:

According to Ray, the RB bolted right up to the L-series box, but I think you'd be silly to not use an RB-series Turbo 5spd on any Hybrid RB-engine. It'd just be safer, the Turbo boxes are apparently stronger.

You could always stroke the RB20DET to 2.4 that way the 240K namesake still stays intact. ;) It's something I've considered, of course, my eventual plan is a hell of a lot more ambitious. LOL

that may be some good news then :) i was afraid that the bellhousing hole would be too small or something

what happens with the drivetrain? do you use another or get the original modified or something (would it be strong enough?) would the drive shaft even be too long?

from what i heard i should be using an R200 diff, either converted to a viscious LSD or welded up (locked diff?) any other cheap strong options??

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know if the engine mounts for the 240Z and 260Z are the same as the 240K?

if so castlemaine rod shop do a engine mount adaptor that will save us a lot of time (it was AU$125 i think)

Thanks Guys

Kent