Locks and a door that won't close - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Locks and a door that won't close

Featured Replies

I have researched some of the older posts and now know how to fix my drivers door lock BUT when I go to close the door it doesn't "catch". The door handle has never worked properly to open the door and feels almost frozen...no give when you pull on the handle so when you do pull... the door just pops open. I know that when you go to open the door from the inside it does something to that round piece on the inside of the door that is supposed to catch and keep the door closed. I used to be able to position that round piece so that if I didn't want the door to catch it wouldn't...now I can't undo that affect to have the door catch. If this makes sense to ANYONE and you know how I might fix this "little" annoyance I would be forever in your debt ;).

  • 3 weeks later...

i hope this will help you.....

on my 75 the doors would creak and they would only catch on the safty latch, you had to slam them to get them to close.

All i did was grease the hinges and locks! The doors now work like its a new vehicle!

Just my $0.02

~Andrew

  • Author

Thanks guys. I will try greasing but am also going to read the attached thread. I REALLY don't want to have to take the doors apart again but will probably have to in order to realign the windows anyways....

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.