IGNORED

No Low Beam Lights Wiper Problems

MESSEDUP280

NO LOW BEAMS

FRONT HEAD LIGHTS DO NOT WORK ON LOW BEAMS. BUT HIGH BEAMS WORK FINE. CHECKED CONNECTOR(AROUND STEERING COLUM) THERE IS A PLUG WITH TWO FEMAL ENDS. ONLY ON HAS CURRENT COMING INTO IT. I WILL ASSUME THE ONE THAT IS HOT IS MY HIGH BEAMS. ? WERE DO I CHASE DOWN THE HOT WIRE FOR THE LOW BEAMS. ? WHICH WIRE CONNECTED TO HEADLIGHTS SHOULD BE HOT(IF I TEST CONNECTION AT LIGHTS) P.S. 78Z 82TURBO ENGINE.

WIPERS DO NOT WORK?

THEY ONLY WORK WHEN I PUSH WASHER BUTTON IN YOU CAN IMAGINE IT'S A REAL PAIN WHEN IT RAINS. I TESTED PLUG CONNECTION TO WIPER MOTER, THE ONLY HOT WIRER IS THE

RED/BLUE WIRE. ? IS THE ONLY HOT CONNECTION TO WIPER MOTOR?

• 2 weeks later...

The power goes direct from the fuse panel (one fuse per light) to the headlights. Then the headlight switch completes the circuit to ground, not the power to the lights.

Try to get yourself a wiring diagram.

Wipers.... It sounds like the control relay( amplifier) isn't working right, but might be something else. You might try patching a wire direct to the motor to check the motor.

The headlight problem may be the internals of the switch itself.

The plastic lugs that make the metal contacts connect, wear out, so the contact dont tough anymore, no contact, not circuit, not light.

The search feature is a wonderful thing.

Read more about it here:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11145&perpage=15