IGNORED

Vids from SDU meet in Queenstown, NZ

kyteler

Hey guys,

Weekend just been there was a small gathering of the SDU (Skylines Down Under) club (Southern section) in Queenstown, NZ.

Here's the links to a few clips, they're not big at all so will only take a few minutes to download even on 56K :)

This is one of some of us leaving the "Skyline Gondola's" (yes the company is called Skyline, we even went to the trouble of parking infront of the building to take a picture :)) is was taken with a digital camera (as opposed to a video camera)

.MPG of leaving Skyline building -- 220KB

The following clips are taken with a Sony-Ericsson P900 mobile from the passenger seat of my car (by my brother). The are in .mp4 format which can be played using Quicktime or you can download a codec from somewhere.

.mp4 SDU Queenstown Cruise 01 -- 0.8MB , 45 seconds long

.mp4 SDU Queenstown Cruise 02 -- 2.0MB , 2 minutes

They're not tremendously exciting but you get a little bit of scenery and if you have decent speakers you can kinda hear my car purr. :)

New Zealand is so pretty. Makes me wanna take the Z there for a nice drive.

Looks like it would have been fun , you seemed to keep up pretty well in the K have you done anything to your motor or is it the combo of L24 and camera lag that makes it look like you guys are going really fast :)....

I'm sure you had fun anyway!

Actually the motor is a bit sad on it (10 years of storage will do that) and the single carb is not exactly fantastic, but you'd probably be surprised at how well she does.

We weren't speeding by any means, we were only doing around the 80-100km/h mark, nothing fantastic.

If I get the triple SU's I'm looking at, it may be a bit more enjoyable to drive :) The other 3 cars on that small cruise were all turbos, 2x GTS-t and 1 GTS-4, the Black GTS-t guy was quite impressed with the C110's pulling power but that could be because he wasn't expecting much for a start :) I'm sure we all know you shouldn't underestimate the L-series engine ;)

3 SU's on a 6 Cylinder is hardly over-carbing.. that's the equivalent of saying dual SU's on a 4cyl is overcarbing, which doesnt quite make any sense as I'm sure many Datsun, 1200 an 1600 people would agree.

1 SU per 2 cylinders... fine and dandy.

1 SU per cylinder... THAT would be overcarb'ing :cheeky:

What i was getting at was for your application like a standard L24 engine.

The DUAL SU's would be quite addequite unless you plan on doing some engine work i don't think you'd really notice much of a performance difference but then agian I've never tried it just read the theory.

Gav

Oh yes, for sure. Dual SU's would certainly be adequate, however in NZ such things manifolds inclusive don't tend to show up for sale tremendously often, if they did and for the right price I would certainly look at getting them if not get them just for the sake of it.

And being a Dual manifold and carb setup for L6 is a rare occurance you can imagine my surprise when a triple manifold and carbs came about, so it's not as though I would be getting it for bragging rights, simply because it's available currently for a relatively decent price where the other option is not. And should it perform nicely then I may simply look at working my engine around those carbs.

I note posts of you looking for an LD28 crank, you can pick up entire LD28 engines here for around the $3-500 mark and occaisionally an entire Laurel with one in for less, I'll possibly be looking at doing it later, so the same availability issues you face in getting your stroker parts is similar to me finding Dual SU's and manifold for an L-series 6cylinder.

I have a set of 240z carbs Hitachi original equipment.

Actually I have 3 sets of carbs 1 on my 240z, a set of British SU's and a spare set of 240z carbs.

I don't know how much shipping for such an item would be (LD28 crank) but from America i was looking at $300-$400 just in shipping :(....

If you get your hands on an LD28 crank cheap maybe we could work something out :)