Compression testing question - Page 2 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Compression testing question

Featured Replies

  • Author

Ok, I did as we had discussed above; ran up to temp, disconnected coil, FI relay, and removed all spark plugs. Screwed compression guage into cylinder 1 and pushed button on remote starter. Well, the starter turned, but after 2 or three revolutions, it disengaged and spun. So I tried it again; same result. I took off the remote starter switch and used the ignition key instead. Same result. Starter will turn engine 1 to 3 revolutions, and then disengage and just spin. It's like that without the sparkplugs it can spin the engine too fast, and doesn't like that, so it disengages. I have the gear reduction starter on the car (that's apparently what it came with). Anyone had similar issues?

Note that I have now installed the plugs, rehooked-up the coil and FI relay, and the car starts like a top. No problems.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.