IGNORED

is sunroof good? 71 or 73#?

hi, i have 2 240z a 71 and a 73, the 71 has more rust but not much than the 73, i dont know wich one kep for parts, the 71 has better interior and electrical things that i dont like to fix LOL. the 71 has a sunroof and i dont know if taht is good or bad or if they are a pain in the arse in winter when it rains, at first i planned to swap carbs and bumper (is the crome bumper what is the heavy part right????) and star taking out the parts that are made to pass emissions, or just leave the 71 and put some bondo on it what do you guys think??

Simple check to see if the sunroof leaks, close it up securely and run a hose over it. Are the bumpers really that much of a big deal? Keep the car that needs less work, it's that easy.

Vicky

mm yea ill probably go for the 71, but not 100% some people say that the sunroof reduce the body integrity, ooo and the 73 and crappy heads, but i am afraid of rust!! and the 71 has slightly more rust nd taht is my worst long term enemy. well gonna continiue tinking about it

Rust is the #1 factor and the most costly to repair. You are correct the sun roof does take away some value . However if you are wanting a driver pick the one with the fewer repairs that are needed . As Zrush said check the roof for leaks , What are your plans for the secound car , use it for parts ? :classic:

yea ill stick with the 71 with the money iam spending in swaping carbs, heads,bumper etc i can repeair the rust, but i am still in doubt of the sunroof, it loosk ugly closed, was this a fatory option?? or is it custom? because if its cutom made forget ill go with the 73... as it goes fortheother car well i will use for parts but ill paint it an dput undercoat to keep the body in good shape and when istotally stripped and theparts are of no use i wil sell them and the put a ls1 wiht a t56 on it so i will have mi classic original and a weekend racer but that when i get a better job mcdonalds is not very good LOL

sorry for bad spelling, the sunrrof totally suks now i need to replace everything except the hole LOL. I just dont like the way the sunrrof looks closed, but seeing the 73 is like 200 pounds more!! and smog stuff :S, but i will be really depressed when i finish restoring the 71 and though "that suroof looks ugly i should have restore the other one"

the sun roof is NOT a stock item. What are you thinking you are going to use this car for ? 200 lbs is nothing for a driver. If you want a car for the drag strip that is another thing. You better check on the state regs before you start striping the smog stuff.

í am still not sure, i the 71 has better carbs, and dont have to worry more about the vapor lock thing, but it has the sunroof, adn the 73 i need to swap more things freomthe 71 to the 73 and fix the lock system and those are expensive swaps, i dont need to pass emissions (in a car that age) were i live

thnx beandip, oo sorry i forgot, because i have 2 Zs that i want to restore a 71 and a 73, the 71 has the sunroof but the 73 has the bad heads and carbs adn the vapor lock thing. the 71 has sligthly more rust than the 73, but has a the electronic gadgets better , so my debate is to restore wich one and keep the other for parts, i ll apreciatte you r opinion? waht would you do in my place i dont have alot of money and i am not a trainned mecanic