IGNORED

FS: 1972 240z

gema

For sale is my 1972 Datsun 240z.

Just around 180k miles on the original engine and body.

I bought the car last year intending to tear it apart and restore it, but

time constraints are keeping me from doing that. The car starts, runs

and drives, signals and lights, stops and turns without a hitch. The body is in good shape for being so old, and it appears as if a previous owner undercoated the car at one time. It needs new tires and a tune up, the clutch is out of adjustment, and at the moment the wipers are not functioning, but I drove it home in worse shape 6 months ago (the trip was 200 miles) to give you an idea. Has the original 4 speed, the usual cracked dash, and a rather sparse interior. All gauges work except the tachometer. There is no radio. The floors are solid (stomp on them and your foot stays in the car =D ), there is very little rust on the body

(front left fender is rusting out near the cowl vent, but no spots/holes to the outside yet). The previous owner was rear ended, as the rear panel beneath the bumper is dented inwards and there is some surface rust there. Pics will be up ASAP at the following URL:

http://www.amoth.net/z/index.html

The car is located in Annapolis, MD, and I would ship at the buyer's

expense.

Asking is price is $2200. I bought the car for $2000 and have put under 300 miles on it, and have done lots of little things here and there to the car. Namely fixing the trademark sidemarker short and enabling the blower to work properly again. I figure my time is worth a hundred bucks or so, and the registration cost me some money.

I will consider trades for a 240z in better shape (i.e. less miles, rust, etc.). Of course I'd be throwing in some money. Basically, I'm looking for a 72 240z that doesn't need body work. I can do mechanical and electrical things, but I'm afraid of bodywork.

Feel free to contact me by any of the following means:

e-mail: nathan@amoth.net

cell: 410.279.9002