IGNORED

Electronic Ignition GC211 -> GC110

kyteler

Hey guys,

Again, this is in the 240K forums but it's open for every and anyone who may know because the knowledge will help anyone, well.. anyone with access to Skylines. :)

I recently got a distributor from a GC211 Skyline... Now i figured it had an E12-80 module on it... I even asked the guy about it, something along the lines of "does the little black box on the side of the dizzy have E12-80 on it, because if it does I'll have the dizzy."

Anyway, long story short.. it doesnt.

The whole distributor is a Mitsubishi Unit, the Module still has 2 spades however, and they're still labeled C and B.

Now the Dizz was running fine as far as I understand it on the Fuel Inj. L20A GC211, so theoretically the conversion should be the same as if it was the same dizzy and module conversion from a ZX to a Z.

But I thought I'd ask and check with you guys before I went and tried anything incase there'e something stupid I'm forgetting or missing out.

I have the coil from an R30 with a different ignition system, but still electronic so I'm sure I'm sorted in that area.

But if anyone would like to give me warnings I'd be would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance happy Z family, from one of your K siblings.

I've attached a picture of the distributor

post-4758-14150793746223_thumb.jpg

By what you've said you should be fine; L20A - L24/26/28 shouldn't be any different unless wires off the dizzy run into the EFI circuit somewhere; by sounds of it it doesn't so you'll be OK.

R30 coil, elec dizzy, B wire goes to + terminal, C to - on coil.

James

It could probably do with a bit of timing adjustment but yes, for the small run I took with it still being cold it was definately smoother... but having said that I had always suspected a problem with my dizzy beforehand so it's obviously irradicated that problem of occaisional random missing which I'm very please about.

I'll let you know how it feels after a while of using it.

It even sounds a little more raspy. Which is a bit louder and different than I'm used to but it still sounds like a fantastic L-series Straight-6 :D:love: :love: