IGNORED

body differences question

zfanatic

hey i'm new. I've been lurking the forum for a while in my quest to learn more about 240zs. I have already learned a lot just by reading old posts here, but i do have one question. I read that the triangle windows are the same from 70-78 but then came across this site : http://www.geocities.com/~z-car/specs/

and the 240z and 260z look very different body wise towards the rear. then looking at pictures on ebay i noticed i couldnt really see the difference the picture displays. maybe someone could clear this up. Also, im in the market for possibly a 240z on the east coast....are they hard to find over here?

thanks in advance

V12 is exactly right. The 260 picture is the 2+2 which is somewhat of an "odd" critter. Funny that they chose to show that picture for the 260 instead of pointing out that both the 260 and the 280 were available in a 2+2 model.

As far as finding a 240 in the "Rust Belt" be prepared to spend a LOT of money! And then, be prepared to find that there is hidden rust and possibly other problems. It isn't impossible to find them, but just be aware that you are literally looking for a pearl in your oysters at a fast food restaurant.

You'd be better off looking for a car out of California, Arizona or New Mexico. You may still have some problems but you will spend less for the vehicle and probably have fewer MAJOR rust problems than from a vehicle on the East Coast.

2¢

Enrique Scanlon

Thanks for the replies. I didnt mean to be non-inclusive of people outside my own country, i guess its just everyday slang. I'll try to be more specific. I know finding a z over on the east side of the US will be difficult and expensive, so i built repair money into the cash i have saved up.

If you can spend the time looking, you might find a transplanted CA or AZ Z-car in the US Midwest or East Coast. That's what I did. I had to drive 250miles to get it, but I drove it home from there, and now I just have to KEEP it essentially rust free. Mine was a CA car that someone moved to OH and then garaged for the rest of it's life. I've seen several others like it advertised in Chicago, Ohio, Michigan. Haven't paid much attention to cars on the US Eastern Seaboard.

Good luck.