Motorsport fuseboxes, any experience? - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Motorsport fuseboxes, any experience?

Featured Replies

I'm looking to replace the fusebox in my '73 with a new one and the Motorsport upgrade/replacement boxes look like a good deal. Does anyone have any experience with how well they do or don't work and ease of installation?

Thanks

I've bought many many $$$ of parts from MSA. You can trust them. If you ever have a problem, they'll work something out, they want to keep your business.

They just started making a new 240 fuse box that uses the newer blue/red/yellow push in, pull out fuses like on newer cars, it has the same wiring harness plugins, so it doesn't require anything but snapping it in and screwing the fuse box down.

That's what I'd get, get rid of the old style fuses, unless of course, you are restoring to original.

my 2 cents.

Dog

I just installed one in my '71 240Z. The quality is good. You will have to modify the wiring a bit on the 2 white wires, but they give you the connectors with it. I ran out of time to try everything out though. I will probably get to that over the next week or so.

Beats paying alot for a 30 year old box that could have the same melt-down issues in a few months.

Just my opion.

Marty

  • Author

Thanks fellas, I appreciate the feedback.

Sorry for the late reply, but I just put one in my '72 240. If you have the later style short pigtail ends for the harness, like mine, it just screws in and connects with no modifications.

I haven't experienced any problems yet. I did notice that both of my headlights shine a lot better now though.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.