IGNORED

Hello Z owners :)

my240zav

Hi everyone,

Just started working on my newly acquired 72' 240Z, previous owner forgot to put oil and locked the motor. Has a nice setup (N42 head on a L28 block) so I figured, might as well rebuild it. Pulled the engine yesterday and found the 5th piston rod jammed along with the crankshaft. Gonna visit the boneyard this thursday and find some parts then i should be rolling on the weekend. :classic:

Since it is pretty well trashed as it is, while at the boneyard, you might want to look at a non-turbo F-54 block out of a ZX. Getting the non turbo F-54 will get you a flat top piston motor with a little higher compression than the standard L28. Look for a motor with the P79 head.

oh yeah forgot to mention, it is already a F54 block.....luckily the block is still fine, basically all i need to get is the crankshaft, piston and the p79 or p90 head while im at it. Would it be okay just to get 1 piston? do i have to worry about balancing? despite how great our motors are? :)

I, personally, wouldn't install just one piston but I have seen it done and working. Make sure it's the same piston as you already have in the other 5 cyl. Don't get the P90 head unless you want to lower you compression. Look for a P79 like Keith suggested. If your head (N42) is okay I'd use it since you wouldn't really notice much difference without other modifications.