Rear Quarter seam - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Rear Quarter seam

Featured Replies

I gave up trying to salvage the paint because of too many small bubbles in paint ect. ect. While stripping the roof I noticed the crack in the paint at the seam. They filled it with bondo along with 2 coats primer followed by more primer and paint. I figured too much to paint over anyway. But how should I fill the seam ( which looks to be deeper and wider than it should) so the new paint does not crack? Thanks for all of your help during this project.

Jim M.

Are you talking about the seam that is above the 1/4 window?

  • Author

Yes , thats the one. Sorry I was not more specific on the post.

Weld it up. It's originally a lead filled seam, but over time the lead cracks and cracks the paint also. You could re lead fill it, but it will crack again over time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.