Help, Radiator question - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Help, Radiator question

Featured Replies

I just had to get a new radiator in a hurry.

got it from radiators.com

I have a 75 280z 4spd

The radiator has 2 small nipples at the bottom towards the center on the side facing the engine. I don't recall my old radiator had these, (it is still at the shop that said they wouldn't bother fixing it,)

Are these for lines for an auto tranny and need to be plugged or do I just need to fumble around a while longer to figure out where they go?

Sounds like automatic transmission lines, from your description. If so, you won't have to do anything with them if you have a manual trans. These lines typically serve two purposes....1- helps bring an automatic trans up to operating temp....2- keeps the tranny at manufactures recommended operating temp. At least thats the way I always understood it. (basically a trans cooler in the bottom of a radiator). Hope this helps you out!

That is a correct assumption.....they do not need to be blocked!!!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.