Lou72240Z's Content - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Lou72240Z

New Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lou72240Z

  1. I just rebuilding the carbs on my 72 z (car sat for 30 years), but now, I cant' get it to rev over 4000 RPM's. It won't free rev or while I am driving. It idles fine, but it is lacking the power it should have. I tried reseeting the float levels, made sure the lines and clear. When I try lifting the barrels, the front one almost stalls, the rear has no effect. When I place the flow meter over each carb, the fron one gives a good reading, but the back one makes the engine rev higher. This tells me that the rar carb is running lean, but I can't get it to increase the gas flow. Any advice?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.