redlineshifter's Content - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

redlineshifter

New Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by redlineshifter

  1. I was thinking he same thing, but I didn't touch any of that stuff. I did top off the oil in the carbs they were a little low, I am thinking float valve in that carb may be sticking. I am messing with the mixture settings right now to see if that helps but so far no luck. I have had 3 of these before this one and never saw this before, I am stumped but determined to get it nailed down.
  2. Took all smog off, capped off all PVC stuff, then the carb by the firewall started leaking off fuel, other one is fine. I capped off both carbs and now it runs but seems rich...boggs a ton and then stalls 1973 240Z, before I capped off all the PVC system it ran great. First thought is lean out carbs. But unsure why the one wants to leak out fuel... FYI the carbs were changed out from flat tops to 72 round SU's before I bought it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.