IGNORED

just bought a 76 280 !! woo

gator

I just bought a 76 280 that needs injectors (apperently) I will find out when I get it home.

Anyone have suggestions about what to do with this thing. It was suggested that I should just find a set of SU's and forget about the FI system.

Any suggestions here would be great.

Thanks guys .. hope to see some of you on the road ..hehe getting abit ahead of myself .. I may just part it out too

Thanks ..Bruce

Ditching the EFI would be a very bad idea. It is alot more reliable and dependable. You really lose no power with it either. FYI, the SU's were made for a 2.4L, not a 2.8L, and they were too small for that.

FYI, You can usually buy rebuilt injectors for around $40 USD each.

Thanks .. it is a 76 2+2 .. I picked up for $200 .. I think it is a pretty good deal ..but dont have the car yet .. thanks for the help .. I thought I would try to un-clog the old one too .. seems that should be possible ??

B

• 2 weeks later...