Best source for voltage regulator - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Best source for voltage regulator

Featured Replies

Whats the best source for a voltage regulator for a 72 240?

I see Victoria British has them for $24.95, but in my search of prior posts I read they sent a wrong one. Just last month VB sent me a different part than I ordered. Besides, I can't believe they are the least expensive.

Is there some other merchant I should be giving my business to?

Most of the VR's that you will find out there for sale are aftermarket "solid state" units that do not have the adjustments that the OEM VR's had. Many folks complain that these newer sytled VR's fail frequesntly and do not regulate the voltage well. I've never used one of the newer VR's myself, so this should be considered as 2nd hand information.

Every once in a while someone on eBay lists a few NOS older style adjustable VR's for auction. F.D. (brand); P/N# HBA12-2

Get 'em while you can :)

At Napa

Mileage Plus Electrical Voltage Regulator - Transistorized

Item#: MPEVR521SB

Price: $ 18.49

Or, the very original looking, non-transistor

Echlin Ignition Voltage Regulator

Item#: ECHVR521

Price: $ 41.99

I have the Echlin on my car, and it's the same dimensions and plating as the OE

Originally posted by Victor Laury

Echlin Ignition Voltage Regulator

Item#: ECHVR521

Price: $ 41.99

I have the Echlin on my car, and it's the same dimensions and plating as the OE

The eBay ones were going for $25.00 when auctioned.

I bought 1 from Ebay. Looked correct, but it had the round, pin style, late model plug. No biggie, I paid 6 bucks for it and converted it to the spade plug

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.