IGNORED

Help with production info.

daddz

We have a fellow Z owner who has been attempting to find out some HS130 production information. Here is his original post from zcar.com

Author: g8wayz (---.dsl.stlsmo.swbell.net)

Date: Nov 17, 4:45pm

I've talked to 4 different people at Nissan Customer service over the past couple weeks and here's what they have found. First, they had to go to an archive database since it was before 1984.

Production date 7/25/83 ( at Nissha- Hiratsuka)

Shipped to Seattle 7/29/83

Arrived in Seattle 8/31/83 ( it took a month to get here?? no wonder they came over here w/ rust on them!)

Ordered by dealer in St.L on 8/16/83

Transferred to another dealer in St.L on 9/2/83

Sold to original owner on 9/12/83 ( I'm the 2nd owner)

They're having trouble finding production records which have to exist somewhere? I want them to tell me how many 280zx-coupes were made beyond my production date and they're telling me they don't know how to find that information. It's got to exist somewhere...don't you think? Still pretty sure it's got to be one of the last produced...sure would like to know where it ranks.

It's curious that my Z31 was produced at Hiratsuka as well. Would anyone know of a way to answer this person's question?

Zedrally,

He owns a 280ZX (HS130), not a 300ZX (Z31) and that is the interesting aspect of his quest. His 280ZX was produced almost simultaneously with the first batch of 300ZX's and it would be interesting to know just how many more 280ZX's were produced after his.

It's a shame that Nissan didn't keep more accurate records or at least make them readily available to collectors and historians alike. As the years continue to slip by it will become almost impossible to track. If only we had something approaching the detailed records that are available to collectors of British cars such as the MGB's, Triumph's, Jaguar's, and Austin Healey's to name a few.