IGNORED

I found another widebody kit!!

brianglawson

wow what blast from the past same pics which i bought my front spoiler and rear whale tail from back in 1990 different group selling them the white car was herman grupes back then think the silver car was a customers was told at the time the flares and whale tail where jim cook racing style last i heard joe grupe had moved to Queensland so maybe someone else has got hold of the moulds was good quality stuff back then i ended up cutting 4" off the whale tail to blend in with the smooth rear on my car

Still think its a good front spoiler and the wing is great too.

Mick

Originally posted by brianglawson

Correct me if im wrong please, but is this a replica of a scarab 240z kit??

Yes you are wrong.

Consider yourself duely corrected.

Reasons thats not a scarab kit:

Scarabs didnt have kits as such, just a front air damn and rear tail that was glassed into the metal.

Definately no flared guards. :finger:

I've seen that kit referred to as the "California Z" kit

Ok now i'm confused.

I've seen that article too, and it does indeed have the bodykit. But I have seen a Genuine numbered scarab article in a car club newsletter and his car didnt have the body kit.

From what i understand there were genuine remanufactured scarabs (in factory conversions). But Scarab also sold converion kits to put V8 in 240z too, which probably get called scarabs, but arent really, if you know what I mean.

and i've also seen this:

its a web page in .mht format. delete everything after the .mht and open it in IE.

pic-miragemotorcars.mht.delete.the.rest.of.this.zip

• 2 years later...