IGNORED

T-5 reverse gear ?

59ghia

Hi Guys,

Recently purchased a t-5 out of an 84 zx and wanted to open it up to check syncros, gears etc. The reverse gear has some damage to it (pic of gear in gallery) Does this damage warrent replacement of gear? Are the gears available? Both reverse and idler? I've removed tailshaft housing, will the gear set pull straight out from here or do I need to remove the cover plate from the front of the tranny? Or anything else ie set screw or something. My manuals have nothing indepth on trannies.

Thanks in advance

Dave

• 1 month later...

hi,

by any chance, this t-5, is it compatible with the L6 motor (240z),

i am new to this, so forgive my lack of knowledge.

ty,

hf240z@yahoo.com

Originally posted by 59ghia

Hi Guys,

Recently purchased a t-5 out of an 84 zx and wanted to open it up to check syncros, gears etc. The reverse gear has some damage to it (pic of gear in gallery) Does this damage warrent replacement of gear? Are the gears available? Both reverse and idler? I've removed tailshaft housing, will the gear set pull straight out from here or do I need to remove the cover plate from the front of the tranny? Or anything else ie set screw or something. My manuals have nothing indepth on trannies.

Thanks in advance

Dave

find one 82 turbo last saturday with t-5, cost almost $200 including drive shaft, flywheel, the old clutch set and mounting bracket. only problem now is the front input shaft, kinda move a lot, can you recommend a manual to rebuild this t-5.

thanks,

hf240z