IGNORED

spray gun advice

SHOTIME

Generally, cheaper HVLP guns are used for priming, and the more expensive are used for finish paint. Most painters like to use a different gun for each color. So they use the cheaper one for primer since the primer gets a lot of workover anyway.

But do not think that a cheap gun could not be used for a decent finish spray. Some painters will tell you that some $99 HVLP guns are as good as a $500 gun. Of course full time, experienced painters could probably use a spray bomb and make it look good.

Look at this site:

http://www.lambolounge.com/

Read the Body and Paint sections. Very good comments to learn from.

Good Luck

Just be aware that HVLP stands for High Volume Low Pressure.

Doesn't sound bad, until you consider that most good HVLP systems include their own air source. A standard home compressor won't be able to keep up with the gun.

Now, I don't have or use an HVLP, so I am not sure if the above is urban legend or fact. I still use the older style DeVilbiss and Binks guns. They're high pressure, but my compressor can keep up with them.

2¢

Enrique