still smokin... - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

still smokin...

Featured Replies

Posted this problem a while ago...75-280/n42 oil

smokes on decelleration mode.

All advice was to replace valve stem seals.

Since that time I've contacted the original owner to

verify milage. It is 191,000 not 91,000 as I was told

upon purchase.

Well anyway, I just finished replacing the valve stem

seals... some improvement on short deceleration duration

but on a long downhill, sure enough its smoke city behind

me!!!

Now what... rings?? some cylinders are marginal or is

the PCV valve feeding oil??

I took it out, sprayed it with cleaner and it rattles.

But in the FSM diagram, it shows a spring holding the

valve ball to a seat. Is this a possible source of oil to

the intake??:(

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.