brake question - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

brake question

Featured Replies

I have been searching this forum in hopes of clearing up a brake problem I have been having. I think I know what the problem but was hoping for a little insight from you all. I have been having a beast of a time with my brakes.

In order to get the brakes to work I have to pump them several times then they will lock up. I have spent countless hours bleeding them and sure I have the air out of the system. The car did sit for many many years without being driven and I read in a post that the master cylinder can be damaged if the brake pedal is depressed to far.

Does this problem sound like it could be the master cylinder? I was planning on removing it tonight and examining it but would rather not if I may be able to resolve the problem some other way.

Oh and yes when I pump the brakes the pedal resistance increases.

I realize this question could have many possible answers, I was just hoping that some of you who have had similar problems may be able to shed some light on my current dilema.

Thank you

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.