Hood louver studs - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Hood louver studs

Featured Replies

Hi all -

One of the louvers on my hood is for some reason no longer laying flat and pulled its front 2 mounting bolts off. I glued them back on with JB weld but feel that if I crank it back down, it will either yank the rear ones out, or crack. I'd have thought if these were to warp at all, it would be the one on the left above the headers, but this is the passenger side one.

Am I good to just crank it back down or should I hit it with a heat gun or something? It's plastic so I don't want to melt it.

Edited by chaseincats

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.