Door weatherstrip interference - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Door weatherstrip interference

Featured Replies

I posted this issue in my quarter window install thread but wanted to give it is own thread to get more eyeballs on it.  Car is a 1976 280z.

I just installed my quarter windows and I'm having a bit of interference with the weatherstrip on the top of the door and the vertical weatherstrip on the front of the quarter window.  All the weatherstripping is brand new from Precision.   How did this work from the factory? Was there interference?   Looks like I should probably trim the quarter window weatherstrip back to provide clearance for the door weatherstrip.  Any other thoughts? 

20241214_201121.jpg

20241214_201201.jpg

 

20241214_201151.jpg

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.