IGNORED

Fall Carlisle and Hershey - is there an import presence?

Paulytunes

So I have been kicking around the idea of taking a day or two off from work in the Fall to check out either Fall Carlisle or Hershey.  I was wondering if these events were mostly for American classic cars or if there is a significant presence of vendors selling hard-to-find Datsun parts and other import vehicles?  I did see that there were a few vendors at Carlisle Import Nationals in the late Spring, do I just need to wait until then to find Datsun parts?  I have never been to the Spring or Fall Carlisle main events but I have always wanted to go - especially if there is other collectibles like old brochures, magazines, auto art, scale model cars, dealer sales books, etc.  Has anyone here been and can fill me in on their experiences?  If Carlisle/Hershey are not worth it for us Datsun and Nissan owners, are there any other specific swap meet type events on the east coast?  There seems to be quite a few in California and the Pacific Northwest that I have stumbled upon through internet searching.  Oddly, the Carlisle and Hershey searches have not turned up great results, so I suspect I may be disappointed if I make the ~2 hour trek in a few weeks.  Thanks in advance for anyone that can help fill me in.

I have several attended Hershey Spring and Fall events over the last 15 years.  There is very little Datsun/Nissan presence…some cars at the corrals. Datsun/Nissan Parts and literature is almost nonexistent. If you do attend budge time for the America’s Transportation Experience at Hershey … the AACA Museum, Inc. https://www.aacamuseum.org/. The Tucker exhibit is incredible!!!

keith

13 hours ago, zed2 said:

I have several attended Hershey Spring and Fall events over the last 15 years.  There is very little Datsun/Nissan presence…some cars at the corrals. Datsun/Nissan Parts and literature is almost nonexistent. If you do attend budge time for the America’s Transportation Experience at Hershey … the AACA Museum, Inc. https://www.aacamuseum.org/. The Tucker exhibit is incredible!!!

keith

Keith - Thanks for your response.  I do want to go up to the AACA Museum.  I have heard many good things about it.  The last car show I attended in early August was hosted by AACA.  I was the only Datsun, and the only import from the Far East.  To be fair, there were a few VW bugs and an Opel GT there, so it wasn't all just old muscle cars.  I suspected because I was in such a minority representation that Hershey (which I think is put on by the AACA) would likely not have much with regards to Japanese cars.  I guess Carlisle is the same, other than the Import Nationals.  Where is the Japanese car love?  I guess we are just a distinguished few with impeccable, yet uncommon taste.  Oh well.  

Tucker is one of my automotive heroes, so I really do need to get up to the AACA museum to see that exhibit.