IGNORED

Custom carpet install

fusion

I am finishing up a full restomod on a 280z.  I modified the floor pans and tunnel in several areas and also removed the seat braces so I can't use a standard carpet kit.  I'm planning to get a roll of carpet and install myself.  The hatch piece I can use a pre-cut standard product from a vendor.

Since the carpet won't be molded, it will be a little tricky.  I'll likely have to use heat and water to get it to conform.

I much prefer the look of carpet on the transmission tunnel vs vinyl. 

My current plan is to have 3 separate pieces: 2 for each floor, and one for the transmission tunnel.  

Since the pieces will be separate, there will be 2 edges touching where each floor pan piece meets the transmission tunnel piece.  One piece will have to sit behind the other.   My current plan is serging/banding the edges of the transmission tunnel piece and have it sit over the top of the floor pan piece.  Everything will be glued down.  Although I'm not sure how that will affect the wire bundle I have running along the outside edge of the passenger floor pan.  

I'm still considering using a single piece of carpet, although it seems much more daunting.

Any advice or comments?  Has anyone else done this?  Has anyone successfully used a single piece of carpet to do this?  Has anyone paid a shop to do it?

Thanks