Need discontinued starter part - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Need discontinued starter part

Featured Replies

I am rebuilding my starter motor and found that I have a part that is needing replacement.  If you have extra starter motors, especially ones that are for known not working or in sad shape, would you consider spending a few minutes to look at grabbing this for me?

Number 7 in this diagram: 

image.png

 

If you don't know about this resource, check it out.  It is very nice to have this information online.

Here is mine - it is missing one of the three tabs that it is supposed to have:

 

IMG_20230228_204528.jpg

 

To get to this part, the starter has to be disassembled enough to pull the armature out. 

That is the only part I need.  I have a couple of old Datsun 510 starters that appear to have the same part, but both are functional.  So, before I make one non-functional, I am checking to see if anyone can help.

Thanks for looking.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.