IGNORED

Pulling a 1975 280 dash addendum.

Cruzzar

I have pulled my dash out of my '75 280Z to replace the heater control valves and heater core. Before doing so I tried to get a better idea of which wires that needed to be undone before removal. I have the Factory service manual and have watched several YouTube videos but none do a very good job of identifying exactly what the wires look like and where or how that can be gotten to (is it under the dash or after the dash is pulled out a little).  I realize that this may be a little basic for all those who have already pulled their dashes and pretty much know what and where to find these wires. The bolts are pretty much no brainers. The speedo cable was located in an area that I could not get my hand up into and then be able to turn the knurled base to unscrew it.  I was able to undo the two screws that holds the tac in and simply pulled it out far enough to get my other hand in there and with both hands I was able to unscrew it.  The wires on the passenger side were straight forward, just unplug the five connectors just above the passenger's right knee under the dash (first picture). On the driver's side, you must unplug the two bullet connectors for the brake light switch and a white plastic 6 prong connector just under the edge of the dash between the steering column and the headlight switch.  These are shown in the second picture. The white 6 prong plug is in the upper left with the two bullet connectors just below. The dash is upside down on my work bench so it might be a little confusing. These must be disconnected by getting under the dash. For the rest of the wires I found that if I pulled the dash out about 4 inches, that I could simply look back there and disconnect them as needed. The third picture shows these disconnected wires. There are 3 bullet connectors, 2 'L' shaped white plugs, and 1 white single wire plug.

P1010003-005.JPG

P1010002-003.JPG

P1010001-004.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1