IGNORED

MSA A/C kit for sale

Zsled

Guys,

Well I have made the choice to change careers. I am taking a $54,000 pay cut but I am hoping the change is for the best. With that said, I have...

1 MSA R-134A a/c Kit for sale. It is the full monty! It includes all warranty and paperwork. It is still in the box and it is 5 months old. It can be seen here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=46094&item=2419076863

Thanks for looking.

Zsled

Hey Now!

I know I posted that I was taking a $54,000 pay cut to get some fun out of life. LOL

The reserve is set high for now and I will watch the auction to see if I need to lower it. The reserve is currently set to $750.00.

I don't mind if I needed to meet someone close to me or in the DFW metroplex as that is where I currently work to drop off instead of shipping.

I actually got beat up by MSA on this deal and wouln't recommend them to anyone. When I ordered the unit, they told me it would take 2 weeks to process and drop ship the item. 4 weeks later no package so I called and talked to a young rep. He said that the item was back ordered at the vendor site and would be available in 2 weeks. Well all and all it took 2 1/2 months to get the unit in and MSA charged my card an for an increase in the unit price and shipping. I was charged $779.99 for the system and then charged another $49.00 for the increase in the unit price from the vendor and on top of that charged an another $25.00 for shipping fees.

I was very disappointed and contacted MSA. They told me when I received the box to just contact them and they would issue me a RMA# and it would take 2 weeks to refund my money on the card.

Just an bad exp. all around.

Zsled

It looks pretty much like the same kit! They mention some of the parts that aren't showing. It really looks identical to me!

See now I have to go and lower my reserve :(

And the Z love hate relationship continues....

Freakin Foreign Tin Can! :o Doh did I say that a loud!

Zsled

Well maybe there is a saving grace!

I found this out just now...

The proposed replacement technology--is it

>R134 or R143 or somesuch--is going to be phased out in a few years

>with no prospects of a "drop-in" there either.

There WERE quite a few viable DROP-IN or "near" drop-in alternatives

developed for automotive A/C.. The auto industry and MACS managed to

get them all banned or boycotted onto the shelf.

Only the auto industry "requested" R-134a is allowed or marketed now.

So it looks as though there is a difference between the R134 and the R134A. Here is the link to the site...

http://yarchive.net/ac/oils.html

Thus the cost difference as noted in the MSA book.