IGNORED

240Z door panels

Richard McDonel

Many months ago I posted a query on this forum.  At the time I had two interior door panels in rough shape.  They had been bought without door-latch holes and my attempts at cutting my own had failed - perhaps by 1/8 to 1/4 inch, but enough to make an ugly scene.  My usual supplier, MSA, had new ones on back order for months, and I was becoming convinced they would ever have them.  So I asked this forum for suggestions.  ZKars and one or two others answered and referred me to Zcar Depot, a firm I had not previously dealt with.   I called, and yes, they have them in stock; door latch openings pre-cut.  Ordered a set.  Have to say I was very impressed  with the package.  The panels were bagged in clear plastic, then perimeter-wrapped with thick straps of felt, then inserted is a form-fitting cardboard box.  That box in turn was set in a slightly larger box, so four layers of protection altogether.  Open it all up, and everything was good.

It took me a while to get around to installing the panels - winter you understand, and my heated garage is occupied by my next project, and 1965 sprint car - but I finally did the job last month, and while the installation process is a time-consuming pain, the new panels fit perfectly and look sharp.  Thanks to ZKars and others who steered me in the right direction.   

Richard

• Like 4