IGNORED

Best add on A/C kit for 77 280z??

Oilking53

sorry, but that harness is installed in my car. I put some parts in for A/C just like you're doing. I installed the whole A/C control head with the 4-position switch and also swapped out my original blower resistor for the one that works with the 4-position switch. And that's the only A/C sub-harness I have, sorry.
Another complication is that the 4-position switch has another feature built into it that deals with the A/C system specifically. It has an output pin that is essentially "The fan is not in the OFF position." And that pin is used to disable/enable the A/C system. You see, it's potentially damaging to the compressor to run the A/C if the blower motor is not spinning. You run the risk of slugging the compressor with liquid refrigerant. So they make sure the compressor will not run unless the fan is spinning. The 3-position switch has no such feature.
So you can either "always just remember to turn the fan on when the A/C is running", or you can use the 4-position switch to interlock automatically and do that for you.
After a lot of words above, the bottom line is... I recommend you get your hands on the sub-harness that came with the A/C cars and run the 4-position switch.

Thanks for all the information, it has defiantly help me understand how all this works together and I had no idea about the sub harness! Now I just need to track down a resister and I’ll be good to go! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...