IGNORED

901 Silver/Grey Metallic. Not available in Glasurit?

inline6

So, I just got back from the local auto body supply place - they carry various brands including BASF/Limco/Glasurit.  I asked for Nissan 901 silver, and the guy looked up the code and found nothing available from Glasurit in the 55 Line, and nothing in the other BASF products.  I found this online tool, and I get only 90 Line, which is water based. 

https://coloronline.glasurit.com/index.php?language=8

I think that is incompatible with all my Glasurit stuff... which I have on hand.  I've got a lot of money invested in Glasurit primers, and clear coat (I did some work on my BMW M3 as well).  So, this is kind of upsetting.  Now, I find it hard to believe that I can't get to a Glasurit version of 901.  Any ideas?

I searched and found these somewhat related threads:

I also could take the tool doors to the auto body supply place and have them scan it with their Glasurit scanner, but the comment in the one thread says that silver (on the tool doors) isn't the same as what was used on the outside of the car, and that seems like it should be unnecessary.  Anyone have experience with taking a code in one manufacturer's paint and crossing it with another manufacturer?  

My other Z is a really pretty silver, and looks like the one in the image for the link to the thread above to me, but it is a Toyota (1987 Supra) in Glasurit that I asked for over the counter in 1994. Here is a pic:

306350_10150426144297119_350462041_n.jpg

Garrett

Edited by inline6