IGNORED

Another running rich, or not so running thread

Roblaw

Chock another FI problem to corroded wires. 1975 280z new to me. Got it running after new injectors and rehabbed fuel tank. It ran well until it warmed up then would sputter and eventually fail to start. Would start when cooled off but eventually it wouldn't do that either. Plugs were drenched in fuel. If I pulled the PCV hose off air intake hose it would run but not well. I blocked fuel line to cold start valve but no change. Next pulled connector to coolant temp sensor and snapped it back on, no change. Then traced wires back to the 2 bullet connectors, pulled apart, shorted them to each other and voila, it started, albeit it popped and stumbled until warmed up. I figured poor running on start was due to the lack of the extra shot of fuel to injectors during cold start. So, I pulled the entire wire set, CTS connector to bullet connectors, soldered a new CTS connector on pigtail, cleaned all terminals with Deoxit and a pick or wire wheel (depending on male v. female ends). Now it seems to run proper. When I get my clutch sorted out, I'll be able to drive it. It seems to be stuck on flywheel. The car sat for decades. BTW, that Deoxit seems to clean electric parts very well. It's pricey but you don't need to use much.  

• Like 1