Track changes/effect on handling - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Track changes/effect on handling

Featured Replies

I just installed a set of prime 5 spoke wheels on my 280Z. They had never been mounted, because the original owner screwed up on his back space calculations.

He had 15x7 wheels with 215/60-15 tires. They fit fine on the back, but not on the front (needed an additiional 7/8" offset.

I dropped the size to 205/60-15s on the front and with a 1/2" spacer, it worked fine. However, The track appears significantly wider in the front, than the back (1/2" per side).

Will this effect the handling and should I install the same spacers on the rear to equalize the track? It appears to drive fine, street speeds, etc.

Any thoughts.

ecp48

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.