IGNORED

Power antenna wires connections

Packerz

Thank you for the reply Jarvo2!  What I am trying to do is connect (I believe Harada) aftermarket antenna switch and supplied toggle switch.  PO eliminated factory antenna switch and toggle and used this newer setup but making all connections through factory antenna control wires.  May I post picture of newer toggle switch that best shows the three connection wires that will need to be (re) connected to the three existing factory antenna switch wires...solid blue, blue/white and blue/red.  I need to identify functions of each factory wire to correctly ID connection to new switch.  I hope this helps anyone reading this post.  Again, thank you!  Anyone?

CCDD70AB-FAA0-49CD-B365-A12CF40A636F.jpeg

DC607EA1-B755-467C-BDB6-7D5A09B77895.jpeg

For what it’s worth... to anyone replacing their S30 power antenna, and wishes to use the factory wiring all the way back to the rear fender,  here is what I’ve found.  If you are using the replacement Harada MX-1 or MX-2; they come with a toggle switch with bridged red and green wires at the diagonal top and bottom corner posts and single black and single red leads off the middle posts.  Our factory wiring has three leads from the radio harness (to the original antenna toggle switch and running back to the antenna power). The solid blue is connected to the single red wire (fuse box/ignition switch 12v power) black to body ground.  The blue/white stripe is connected to the bridged red lead and the blue/red stripe goes to bridged green lead.  This makes the new antenna powered up, down and hold position via toggle.   Check the orientation of the toggle unit before mounting (dash, console etc.) to verify  “up” toggle is toward top of switch.  Just flip 180 if it’s inverted.   Thanks for all responses!

• Like 2