IGNORED

Dirty Cone Intake Filter.......

24OZ

Removed my aftermarket intake Cone Filter which goes into the Air Flow Meter (L28 EFI) and found it to be very dirty looked into the pipe it attaches too and feeds into the AFM and theres dust in there.. Car's running ok, but should i try and clean the AFM, since dirt must have gone in there...

Whats the best way to do this?

Thanks..

240z, sounds like a bit of bad luck with the filter. I recommend pull the airflow meter reverse flush with air pressure to dislodge any dust and sand, also check the flap moves freely with no restriction, if you are happy refit.

I think you should look for a better filter element, it sounds like your filter paper is not fine enough. You should have only very fine dust below the filter that only lightly marks a white rag from one filter change to the next. I use a 77Z standard housing with no top cover fitted (standard filter element costs $10 Aust) It is RB30 filter element for Skylines and VL Commodores very common here and a good paper element.

Hope this helps you.

Steve:classic:

Hi Steve thanks for your help. The filter element is one of these which you can reuse as long as you purchase the cleaning kit.. I've doen this and given it a good clean, then you spray it with some special dirt repellant (oily stuff). thats what my filter was lacking..

Hopefully after everything is given a good clean and dust, all should be ok.

Thanks for the input :)