IGNORED

280zx vacuum advance broken

thetech101

So my vacuum advance silinoid is leaking and i need a new one but from the hours of research ive done, everyone seems to have it out of stock or discontinued and ive tried napa, forum post part numbers, and just searching 280zx vacuum advance and a bunch of others and nothing... does anyone know where to get one? Oh and also its a 83 n/a

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I've called my sources at a West Coast Canadian dealership. We ( Canadian Dealerships ) can still order NOA parts direct from Japan. Even though part may be listed as NLA, Japan often has the " dusty " shelves where NOS parts are stored. They do not show up on a standard Dealer search. Apparently USA Dealers can't ( or won't ) order NOA parts from Japan, but Canada can. That's the rumour....

My parts manger friend is going to E-Mail Japan tomorrow and get back to me. I gave him 22301-P7901 as a part number,. This number will work on both 280Z and 280ZX distributors or any other Early 80's L-series distributor.  It is fully adjustable for both spring pressure and stroke as per Jason Grey's distributor page. Cost is shown as $58.00 CDN retail. 

He is also going to search for alternate part numbers for a 1983 S130. But 22301-P7901 works for just about every 280Z and ZX dizzy. 

It will probably take a day or two to get an answer from Japan......

I used to have Nissan Fast and E-Fast on my computer, but recently uninstalled them as they were an outdated and clunky interface. Also, supercession lists were not updated. It's easier for me to pick up the phone and call my Local Nissan Parts Guru. They're all getting old an crotchety though... ( Kinda like me.. LOL )