Series 1 brake issues - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Series 1 brake issues

Featured Replies

I took my 1971 Series 1 auto out for a drive the other day, and the brakes felt soft.  The pedal needed to be pressed down all the way to brake.  I pulled the reservoir cap off and the one closest to the firewall had almost no fluid.  Does this suggest it needs a rebuild, or time to replace?  I cannot find leaked fluid anywhere. If a rebuild or replacement is necessary,  can anyone suggest a reasonably priced replacement? Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.