IGNORED

Exciting news: I just got a 240Z race car!

MichaelsVintage

1 hour ago, MichaelsVintage said:

Oh well! :)

The Z's first race weekend with me is over, and it went great! The car had no issues, it ran great, and I had an absolute blast learning about it! The welded rear was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to learning how to make one work. The road gearing is a bit wider than ideal but very usable, and once I started double-clutching The gearbox worked very well. I surprised a lot of people with the car's pace, including myself! I can't wait to get the car out again as we continue to make improvements.

I am to hear that your race weekend went well.  These cars are a total blast to drive on track.  they feel very at home there.  

1 hour ago, MichaelsVintage said:

I found that video the first time I was looking to buy a Z (he sold the car out from under me...), and it really is good stuff! :D

The guy that owned the Green Hornet was selling it??!!  I am shocked!!  By the way he tells the story, it sounded like a life-long passion.  Why in the world would he sell it.  I suppose a life tragedy could give you a reason though.

I have watched that video many times.  I have often thought that it would be the ultimate Z Car for me. Driving that car on track would be such fun.  Duplicating it would be really costly, I am sure. It still inspires me to build another track Z.

10 minutes ago, Marty Rogan said:

The guy that owned the Green Hornet was selling it??!!  I am shocked!!  By the way he tells the story, it sounded like a life-long passion.  Why in the world would he sell it.  I suppose a life tragedy could give you a reason though.

I have watched that video many times.  I have often thought that it would be the ultimate Z Car for me. Driving that car on track would be such fun.  Duplicating it would be really costly, I am sure. It still inspires me to build another track Z.

No, I was looking at an ITS car and did a search for Zs on track. I agree that it sounds like that car is part of the family.