IGNORED

Time for my Series I to move on

djwarner

After 4 years, it has come time to move on to another project and so my Series I AT is up for sale.

http://www.streetsideclassics.com/vehicles/0859-tpa/1970-datsun-240z

The consignment shop hasn't put all the details of the car on their listing yet, so let me list some particulars here.

Built in December 1970, it is a true Series I car but was titled in '71 and is a rust free matching numbers car with Vintage Air AC.

I have reconditioned the drive train from stem to stern. Engine was overhauled about 5,000 miles ago including rings, bearings, seals, timing gear, oil pump, OEM cam shaft and starter. Engine uses no oil and pulls full compression and manifold vacuum. SU carbs were replaced with downdraft Webers by a previous owner. I have converted them from sequential 2 barrels to synchronous operation with a kit from Redline. I also re-jetted the carbs for proper operation with our modern fuels. Ignition is a solid state module from a '78 Z. I am including a set of 4 screw SU carbs with the car if someone wants to restore it to the original configuration.

Transmission was replaced with one from a '78 Z (was told it had 82K miles on it). Differential was rebuilt. Struts were replaced KYB units. Brakes rebuilt all the way around. Wheel bearings were replaced all around. Universal joints and bushings were replaced as required.

Headlamps are LEDs with relay wiring. Instruments have supplemental LED lighting added. Radio is a modern HD radio. Dash is solid with no cracks and is wrapped in Italian leather.

Mags are 6 hole American Dragmaster. Spare is an OEM steel wheel and holds air.

I have spent time to make this car ready to be driven and enjoyed daily and have put 30,000+ miles on it over the last 4 years. 

Nice looking car, DJ.  Seems bargain-priced at $20K :mellow:

I know it's subjective, but -- for me -- this is one of the few exterior/interior color combos I've seen where the blue interior trim seems to work well.  GLWTS.