Speedometer gear - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Speedometer gear

Featured Replies

I am attempting to order a 19 tooth(white) speedometer gear from Courtesy Nissan, but the parts guy(and myself) seemed a bit confused, so I need to know : would this part be listed under a different transmission than mine(I have a stock 4 speed but the rear end is a 3.9)? Will the gear for a 5 speed fit the 4 speed? What years? Anyone have a part No. for this speedo gear? Thanks, Victor.

Tanny,

I had a 75 with the four speed, but I didn't change the gear on it.

However, I installed the rearend from a ZX 2+2, which is a 3.88:1 and used the gear from the 2+2 tranny in the five speed I had swapped in. I don't think there is any difference. I don't remember the color. Try the 2+2 gear as 3.88 vs. 3.9 is pretty close.

Let me know hat you work out, because I am putting in an 83 2+2 Rear end in my 78 280Z fairly soon and will need to change the gear.

ecp48

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.